This is a patient who underwent phacoemulsification. The capsulotomy was performed in a "can-opener" fashion and the lens was placed within the capsular bag. There was no vitreous loss or other complication. One week after surgery the posterior chamber lens was noted to be well centered. One month after surgery the posterior chamber lens was noted to be in the position shown.
1. What is the above clinical finding?
2. What questions regarding the patient's post operative history may be helpful in ascertaining the cause of the above finding?
3. What features of the surgery may have contributed to the above finding?
4. What are possible visual complaints that this patient may have?
5. How would you manage this patient?