This is a patient who underwent cataract surgery 10 days earlier who has noticed progressive worsening of vision and mild pain in this eye.
1. What is the most likely diagnosis and what are conditions in the differential diagnosis?
2. If aqueous and vitreous cultures were taken, what organism(s) would be most likely to be found?
3. What can be done pre-operatively to prevent the above condition?
4. If aqeuous and vitreous samples were taken, for which laboratory tests should these samples be sent for?
5. How should you treat this patient?